News & Updates
New album out now on Royal Potato Family records! Pre-order vinyl or CD:
- Tues, April 17th :: Bridgeport, CT :: The Acoustic Tix-https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3340244
- Wed, April 18th :: New York, NY (Record Release Party) :: Berlin http://www.rocksoff.com/shows/5994
- Friday, April 20th :: Stanhope, NJ :: The Stanhope House :: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1638727?utm_medium=ampOfficialEvent&utm_source=fbTfly
- Thursday, May 3rd :: Teaneck, NJ :: Debonair Music Hall :: http://debonairmusichall.showare.com/ABigYesandaSmallNo
- Friday, May 4th :: John and Peter's Place :: New Hope, PA
"So, after I got kidnapped in Colombia..."
After getting kidnapped in Colombia in 1997, Kevin Kendrick got back to the U.S. knowing one thing: Despite studying at the prestigious Interlochen Arts Academy and being on a full ride for classical percussion, a symphonic career was not for him. He soon joined the "prodigiously talented" (Entertainment Weekly) Fat Mama. However, being "critically acclaimed but ill-fated" (Relix), this band expired in 2001. After finally getting clean from heroin in 2005, Kevin moved to NYC. Surrounded by all that talent, he called the best musicians he knew; the boys from Fat Mama. It's no wonder Blurt Magazine said, "like great pop music from Burt Bacharach or Brian Wilson, the virtuosity is hidden, and designed to seem effortless." Virtuosity indeed. Their first album was "the 14th most-added band to college radio playlists for July 2008", and the newest one is coming out on Royal Potato Family April 20th, 2018.
"The hippest pop band you've ever heard in your life"
-Richard Gehr (The Village Voice)
"Like great music from Burt Bacharach or Brian Wilson the virtuosity is hidden, and designed to seem effortless"
"What makes this album (Jesus that looks terrible on you) so great is the clever lyrics"
-Emily Hume (AMNY)
"One of the 10 best albums of 2008"
-Kayode Kendall (Pop Syndicate)
"Beautiful...recalls Ben Folds' earlier more adventurous works"
"Their debut tip-toes schizophrenically through jazz, pop, indie, and ska with the comfort of an outfit who've been plying their trade for a decade or more, but the enthusiasm of one just getting started"